Awesomeness Has Flavor
Just a person trying to find a little awesome within this world.
. . . more days
Have you ever been waiting for something to come out and your just obsessed. I mean it keeps drifting into your thoughts when you least expect it. Your sitting there bored in class when suddenly, Bam! won't it be awesome when "bla" comes out. At first you look at the release date and think "Ooh it's not that long" But then the thoughts of that game/book/whatever keep coming into your mind. You could be thinking of something completely different and it always comes back to that. Release dates are evil, but understandably so. It's hard for a creative mind to release stuff on a tight schedule I admit that. Alot of quality stuff takes time to make, but the wait on our end is just as bad. You keep on thinking, "Won't it be so awesome when this comes out, why am I not experiencing this awesome?" However I did not realize the horror that was waiting until a few years ago. Okay I've always been impatient but last year it really hit home. I'm talking about Brawl.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl, that game got delayed and delayed over and over. By the time it was finally released, I was pretty much waiting for the website to announce another delay. The worse thing about it was for the most part the wait for Brawl was rather fun. Watching them announce which characters were new and which characters would return was great. However as the game delayed and delayed there was less cool stuff to announce, and eventually I just stopped checking the website.

Now this fall, a bunch of cool stuff is coming out. I own a 360, but I have always been a nintendo fan so I'm just going to talk about that. The two biggest games I'm excited about both come out from november to december. The First, Golden Sun DS, is a continuation of Golden Sun my favorite J-rpg hands down. I do not want to go to in depth, but basically it is all about two sides one trying to restore alchemy to the world and another to prevent it's return. The second being the new Zelda for wii. Now I realize we have had two different zelda for DS in the past few years. Phantom Hourglass being pure awesome, despite my dislike of the artwork. Spirit tracks . . . freaking slow trains. Well anyway I feel spoiled to get so many great zeldas in recent years. Of course none of these games come out for months.

Well anyway back to my main point, waiting sucks especially when you get really hyped up and obsessed over the thing you are waiting for. My advice, don't complain because more often than not it will end up totally worth the wait.

Oh Speaking of waiting, when I was a kid going over to my friends house to play playstation, we came up with a song to cope with the long wait times.

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Just Keep on waiting Waiting
It usually loaded by the eigth verse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment